Tuesday, November 6, 2012

What is a Storybird?

And what does it do? What can you become if you go to this website too?

I highly recommend any new writer, any creative individual to check out www.Storybird.com. It is a fantastic and interesting way to create stories for children or peers (depending on your age).  The site is incredibly easy to use and aw inspiring. 

When you log onto the site and create your account, you are able to create a story.  But the way you create your story is backwards; you choose your picture to describe your story FIRST, then you create text based on the picture.  Most of the time, when one creates a story,t he art is the last thing the author adds.  Instead, Storybird makes it the focal point of the book.  Many people forget that the pictures are able to tell a story too, often without words.  The art that is feature on the site is beautiful and there is something for everyone.  You are able to tell the creators of the site spend time looking for a wide variety of artwork for the creators to choose from and from many different artists.

When I logged on and started creating my story, it was so easy.  I am not very inventive and it is not always easy for me to create a story off the time of my head, but I had no trouble this time.  I felt like the pictures I choose gave me the words to write.  It was so easy and enjoyable.

This is a highly recommended site!

No comments:

Post a Comment